All-New Ford Kuga at Abbey Garage
Sleek, spacious, and electrified, the All-New Ford Kuga is the first Ford passenger vehicle offered with plug-in hybrid and mild-hybrid powertrain technology
Click here to contact us for details,
or fill out the inquiry form below:
Plug-in Hybrid Kuga
The driving range and freedom offered by a traditional combustion engine alongside the efficiency and refinement of an electric powertrain.
- Ford’s first plug-in hybrid in Europe to deliver a pure-electric driving range of 35 miles, CO2 of just 26 g/km and combined fuel-efficiency 201.8 MPG.
- The battery can be charged using a front wing-mounted charging port, and is automatically replenished on the move using regenerative charging technology that captures kinetic energy normally lost during braking.
- To fully charge the battery from an external 240-volt electricity supply will take around 6 hours or 3.5 hours via an 7.4kW 1-phase Home Wall Box .
- Drivers can choose when and how to deploy battery power using EV Auto, EV Now, EV Later and EV Charge modes.
- When the battery reaches its lowest state-of charge, the Kuga automatically reverts to EV Auto mode – supplementing petrol engine power with electric motor assistance using recaptured energy for optimised fuel efficiency.
All-New Kuga Hybrid
Electric’s Familiar Face
These days, Hybrid Vehicles (HEV) are an increasingly common sight on the road. This is especially true in cities and urban areas, where their fuel efficiency in a typical city can be an advantage.
As with Mild Hybrid (MHEV), these vehicles have an internal combustion engine, but they also have a larger battery and more powerful motor. This provides more assistance to the engine and enables the vehicle to drive parts of short journeys at low speeds using the electric motor alone. Thanks to the conventional engine, this can help improve driving range. This is because the vehicle is capable of using both battery and an internal combustion engine.
Mild Hybrid Kuga
The benefits of Plug-In Hybrid,
but with a larger high-voltage battery allowing you to drive longer distances.
- 2.0 litre EcoBlue 150PS mHEV engine has been enhanced for even greater fuel-efficiency.
- The mild-hybrid technology employs a belt-driven integrated starter/generator (BISG) that replaces the standard alternator, enabling recovery and storage of energy during vehicle decelerations, and charging a 48-volt lithium-ion air-cooled battery pack.
- The BISG also acts as a motor, using the stored energy to provide electric torque assistance to the engine under normal driving and acceleration, as well as running the vehicle’s electrical ancillaries.
- Streamlined silhouette for an energetic, nimble and capable appearance with premium proportions.
- Improved aerodynamics for better fuel-efficiency.
- Human-centric design philosophy: simple design and inviting environment.
- Comfort, spaciousness, flexibility.
- Class-leading second row roominess.
- FordPass Connect technology.
- LED Day Time running lights
- Privacy glass
- Silver roof rails
Click here to learn more about Ford’s range of Hybrid & Electric vehicles.