Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
Hybrid and Electric Vehicles at Abbey Garage
Ford UK plans to release 13 electric vehicles by 2020.
Abbey Garage are excited to introduce you to the excellent range of new Mild Hybrid, Hybrid, Plug-in Hybrid and battery electric vehicles that have been announced so far and help you discover more about the different powertrains available.
Get in touch!
Our friendly sales team will be pleased to answer any questions you may have on our expanding electric range.
Click here to inquire for more details.
- Future Vehicle: Mustang-inspired All-Electric SUV
Which Hybrid Electric Vehicle Is Right For You?
Mild Hybrid (MHEV)
- A smAll-Electric motor that helps improve efficiency.
- Mild Hybrid vehicles have two sources of power that work together – a conventional engine and a battery -driven electric motor.
- The electric motor does not power the car. It simply assists it.
- A seamless blend of conventional and electric power.
- Hybrid vehicles have two sources of power.
- They can automatically switch between conventional mode, pure electric mode (for short distances) or use both to power the vehicle as needed.
Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV)
- Plug In. Charge up. Improve Efficiency.
- Plug-in Hybrids have the two sources of power like a Hybrid, but with a larger high voltage battery, enabling you to drive longer distances on All-Electric power.
- 100% Electric.
- Just charge it up and go.
- All-Electric cars are powered by electricity alone.
- This means they have to be charged before you can drive
Why Choose An Electrified Vehicle?
- Ford is investing $11 billion in Electrified Vehicles (2017-2022).
- Ford Hybrid Technology is able to dramatically reduce tailpipe emissions in the city and urban areas.
- Government Plug-in Car grant of up to £3,500 off the purchase price of certain hybrid and electric cars, car tax exemptions if you own a zero-emissions vehicle, money off installation charges if you opt for an at-home charging station.